In The News
Barraquer Award Francis W. Price, Jr., MD receives Barraquer Award
International Society of Refractive Surgery of the American Academy of Ophthalmology Honors Francis W. Price, Jr., M.D. with the Barraquer Award
SAN FRANCISCO – The International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS), a partner of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO),will acknowledge Frank W. Price, Jr. at the 2011ISRS Award Reception in Orlando, in conjunction with the Academy’s Annual Meeting.
Frank W. Price, Jr., MD, is the 2011recipient of the Barraquer Award, which honors a physician who has made outstanding contributions in the field of refractive surgery during their career and who exemplifies the character and scientific dedication of José I. Barraquer, MD, one of the founding fathers of refractive surgery.Dr. Price is medical director of Price Vision Group and founder and president of the Board of Cornea Research Foundation of America. He has been named one of the Best Doctors In America® and has published over 125 peer-reviewed articles.
ISRS will also honor the following physicians for their dedication and contributions to the profession and to the society:
• A. John Kanellopoulos, MD (Greece) – Lans Distinguished Award
• Bruno M. Fontes, MD, PhD (Brazil) -20th Annual Richard C. Troutman MD DSc (HON) $5,000 Prize
• David R. Hardten, MD (USA) – Casebeer Award
• Francesco Carones, MD (Italy) - Founder’s Award
• J. Bradley Randleman, MD (USA) – Kritzinger Memorial Award
• Jack T. Holladay, MD (USA) – Presidential Recognition Award
• LucioBuratto, MD (Italy) – Lifetime Achievement Award
Descriptions of the awards and recipient bios are available on the ISRS website. The ISRS Award Reception is an annual celebration of refractive, cornea, cataract and lens-based surgery for leaders in the field.